cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Brainstorming Proposal: Implementing apps as plugins
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 07:01:11 GMT
I'd like to see where the overlap is before jumping in and merging the two
code bases.

I think that by essence plugins and apps are different. Even though they
are close in that they both have manifest/assets/native files.

I also like the existence of discrete tools that do one job rather than one
big tool that does everything. Andrew Lunny separated the functionalities
of pluginstall into multiple tools when he initially started it
(node-xcode, node-plist, etc...). It's also so much easier for someone new
to the project to just jump in and contribute. Besides some people are
already using plugman separately and don't need the extra sugar provided by
cordova-cli.

I see cordova-cli as super-master-script that uses multiple tools to
create/build/debug/emulate/install plugins that just focused on the project
side of things... but maybe I got it wrong.

This is just a brain dump and I can be convinced otherwise. Maybe we can
schedule some sort of Google+ hangout to discuss this. Fil you've got a
Google+ account now, yah :-) ?

-a