cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: more benchmarking in mobile-spec
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:11:50 GMT
Sure it does. I wrote code to do this on Sunday.

http://simonmacdonald.blogspot.ca/2013/02/phonegap-android-xhrfilereader.html

Just double checked that if I send it the path
file:///mnt/sdcard/robots.txt I am able to get the contents of the text
file. Lemme know what the problem is.

Although, I'm headed home right now.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> Xhr won't resolve to temp/persistent areas, at least on android :s
>
> On 2/22/13 1:54 PM, "Simon MacDonald" <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >What's XHR like reading something from the TEMP/PERSISTENT areas?
> >
> >Simon Mac Donald
> >http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
> >

> >On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Check out the latest commit to mobile-spec to see the auto benches. I
> >>will
> >> work towards integrating with ci.cordova.io.. Eventually. There are so
> >> many things to do in that project, I could use volunteers :D
> >>
> >> Anyways, for a prelim auto bench result, here is what I get on my Galaxy
> >> Nexus running Android 4.2.2:
> >>
> >> Cordova.exec invocations (of Echo/echo plugin): ~3800 per second
> >> Cordova.exec callbacks coming back (from Echo/echo plugin): ~3600 per
> >> second
> >> XHR to the LICENSE file and get contents back (11kb) WITHIN the
> >> application www/ folder: ~2 per second
> >> Use FileReader to retrieve contents of LICENSE file (11kb) that is
> >>stored
> >> on the TEMP FileSystem: ~135 per second
> >> Use FileReader to retrieve contents of LICENSE file (11kb) that is
> >>stored
> >> on the PERSISTENT FileSystem: ~140 per second
> >>

> >> The FileReader tests create the LICENSE file before the start of the
> >> benchmarking, btw.
> >>
> >> Thoughts/comments/questions/feedback welcome.

:(

> >>doing
> >>look

AFAIK.