cordova-dev mailing list archives

From David Lewis <lewi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CEF & Cordova?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 21:16:16 GMT
Yes. Specifically Windows 7 as Win8 isn't even being talked about.

http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/

The cefclient looks to be a might more reasonable to work with than
actual webkit. I've tweaked it to load locally and display as kiosk.
Just need to wrap my head around exec().

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Kerri Shotts <kerrishotts@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wait -- are you asking if there's a desktop version of Phonegap? I was assuming you meant
a Chrome-based render for mobile devices, esp. since the webkit on some mobile devices is
quite borked. (Android 2.x, I'm looking at you.)

> ___________________________________
> Kerri Shotts
> photoKandy Studios, LLC
>
> On the Web: http://www.photokandy.com/
>
> Social Media:
>           Twitter: @photokandy, http://twitter.com/photokandy
>           Tumblr: http://photokandy.tumblr.com/
>           Github: https://github.com/kerrishotts
>                         https://github.com/organizations/photokandyStudios
>           CoderWall: https://coderwall.com/kerrishotts
>
> Apps on the Apple Store:
>           https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/photokandy-studios-llc/id498577828
>

> On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM, David Lewis wrote:
>
>> That's unfortunate. My team is working on webkit specific apps just
>> because so many mobile devices use it; iOS, Android, and Blackberry
>> 7+. Having a desktop webkit container would alleviate a lot of work
>> forking Windows specific versions. I need to get it done anyway, I
>> just thought I'd ask. The closest I've found is DesktopGap but it has
>> less PG support than the current Win7 container.
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Kerri Shotts <kerrishotts@gmail.com (mailto:kerrishotts@gmail.com)>
wrote:
>> > Most modern platform's internal browsers are based on webkit -- iPhone and Android,
etc. Windows Phone (and the upcoming Firefox OS) would be exceptions to the rule.

>> > I know there's been work done on supporting PG with Chrome as the renderer,
but don't hold your breath for it; a lot of stuff would have to be rewritten.