cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@google.com>
Subject Re: Brainstorming Proposal: Implementing apps as plugins
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:34:52 GMT
>From the plugin spec description: "a plugin could be a single JavaScript,
or some native code with no corresponding JavaScript." which I think
applies equally well to apps.

Plugins already support:
* asset's and platforms (which was just a feature requested to add to apps
for cordova-cli)
* config-file modification

So, if an app was bundled as a plugin with its www folder, then if it could
use config-file modification to set the startPage (this may not be
supported yet), would that be enough?  Ideally plugins would support
importing a while config.xml file?

Also, there is obviously a bit of confusion with using the name "plugin"
for an "app".

-Michal