cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Supporting multiple plugin return values
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:28:36 GMT
I've pushed this to a remote branch: multipart_plugin_result for both ios
and js repo's:

ios:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-ios.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/multipart_plugin_result
js:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-js.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/multipart_plugin_result

mobile-spec-tests run fine and there should be no difference to any
existing plugins.  Instead of adding anything complicated to support
multiple arguments, I just added a new CDVType: MultiPart much in the same
fashion as ArrayBuffers (we can implement a more efficient way to encode
type information at some point, but its not really a problem right now).

The resulting arguments are unfortunately delivered to plugin callback as a
single array argument instead of as separate arguments (ie function
win(args) { var arg1 = args[0] ...} instead of function win(arg1, arg2,
arg3) {...}) due to the way cordova.callbackFromNative helper is
implemented.  This can be improved later if we would like.

Please take a look!

-Michal