cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Proposition to split cordova-blackberry into two separate plugins
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:47:23 GMT
Hey Jeffrey, I'm sorry but I'm not convinced by 'its cleaner' as an
argument. Its not. Its a specific version number to a specific SDK. I
understand that you have more than one SDK: this is common in mobile
platforms, and addressed by the current repo.

Can you be more precise and explain exactly what you envision this new
repo to contain, and specifically why it can't come as a pull request
to the existing repo/codebase?

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Jeffrey Heifetz <jheifetz@rim.com> wrote:
> Sharzon, sorry I have no clue when BB10 will be making its way to playbook.
>
> Bryan, whatever the next version is called BB11 or not, that would still be within the
same repo. Conceptually BB10 is a brand new platform based on a very different SDK and unless
I'm mistaken BlackBerry is the only platform to have 3 different SDKS within one repo (BBOS
java, AIR, and BB10 C++).  I know windows phone is separated. Plus we feel this way it will
be cleanest for our developers and more conformant with the cordova dev experience.

> Tim  we're in the midst of creating a much more CLI friendly (Not ANT)  repo right now
that would be based on our last webworks packager and framework but would be built directly
on the NDK.

> As per the plugins, I'll take a look tomorrow but it's impressive when anyone makes a
plugin for bb1010. Current docs are definitely lacking.

> Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

and may be unlawful.