cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <>
Subject Android's Network API
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:18:59 GMT
There are currently several work-arounds for bugs in Android, and I think I've finally hit one that I don't know how
to work-around without changing underlying networking stacks (CB-2293).

One option is to switch to HttpClient, but perhaps this is a better option:

It looks to be written by Jesse Wilson (who used to work at Google on
Android's network API), and exposes the same interface as URLConnection. It
also adds SPDY support.

I'd like to give it a try this week, but since it's an external dep, wanted
to raise awareness of it.