cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Max Woghiren <m...@chromium.org>
Subject Android file chooser
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:21:05 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm implementing Chrome's file system API using Cordova.  On iOS, this uses
the Camera API.  However, on Android, Camera isn't sufficient since we can
access more than just images and videos, so I need a more general file
chooser.  It would be very similar to what exists in
CameraLauncher.getImage, but with a broader intent type (ie. MIME type).

Does something like this already exist?  If not, is something like this
valuable in core cordova or as a plugin?  Is there an alternative/superior
approach?

Thanks!
-Max