cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Xavier <xver...@gmail.com>
Subject cordova-js: jake test on Windows
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:42:32 GMT
Hello

It's the first time I'm building cordova-js and I'm running into a
problem related to symlinks.

"jake test" results in

  generated platform: test in 286ms
  error eval()ing C:\folder\cordova-js\pkg\cordova.test.js:
SyntaxError: Unexpected token .
  SyntaxError: Unexpected token .
      at module.exports.node [as action]
(C:\folder\cordova-js\test\runner.js:72:18)

The problem is caused by my windows environment choking with the
symlinks at lib/test . They are not symlinks in my machine but rather
small files. The contents of my lib/test/androidexec.js is just
"../android/exec.js"

Before cloning the repo again, I've tried to enable git symlinks with
"git config --bool core.symlinks true" but it did not make a
difference.

Is this a common problem for Windows or it is just a problem when
using Windows XP?
Should I open a ticket to have the "KNOW ISSUES" section in the readme updated?

Thanks for your time.
-Xavier