cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy-Carlos Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>
Subject Re: cordova-cli plugin add/remove/prepare proposal
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:44:02 GMT
Poking my nose in…

Aside from 100% agreeing that the user's www should no be polluted, I would also like to flag
that perhaps being able to re-add a plugin to a platform would be useful.

If you are not pushing your platforms dirs to your repo, for instance… you will need some
way to get your plugins back into your platforms on a fresh pull… currently, you would have
to completely remove and re-add the plugins or they would complain about already having been
added (due to their existence in the ./plugins dir).

In my dream world, something like npm's or bower's "install" would be really nice… being
able to specify plugins in a config file (or even just have them in the plugins dir from a
previous "add") and being able to then add them to a fresh platform after a "cordova platform
add …" using some cordova command…

Also, IIRC this thread also involves being able to have JS only plugins… this would be fantastic
as well.

- Tommy