cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Heifetz <jheif...@rim.com>
Subject Proposition to split cordova-blackberry into two separate plugins
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 21:15:24 GMT
With all this talk of re-organizing cordova plugins we here at BlackBerry (RIM no more) have
been discussing better alleging ourselves with the approach by splitting our existing cordova-blackberry
platform into two separate platforms. (I saw a similar call here as well
http://callback.markmail.org/thread/xnhpidbnxg5ps7zr#query:+page:1+mid:xnhpidbnxg5ps7zr+state:results)

We propose adding a new platform, "blackberry10" with the longterm understanding that once
BB10 is ported to playbook the original repo would only be for BBOS. Ideally the end result
of this is that we would have an up to date cordova-blackberry10 platform following all of
the best practices (plugins moved into their own repos, etc) and we can better contribute
resources to Cordova in general.

Hopefully no one has any objections to this as structurally they are really separate platforms.
Additionally it'll make the flow within CLI a lot cleaner.

If everyone agrees, what is the process for getting a new apache repo for it?

and may be unlawful.