cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse MacFadyen <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: alert dialogs on WP8?
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:12:36 GMT
Unusable, no, but currently there is no guarantee they will all be shown.
This is similar to the non-blocking of navigator.notification.alert on
iOS and elsewhere.

Cheers,
  Jesse

Sent from my iPhone5

On 2013-02-04, at 9:59 AM, Marcel Kinard <cmarcelk@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't have a WP8 simulator or phone at the moment that I could test
this myself, so I wanted to ask if someone else had experience or
could quickly verify.

According to cordova-docs for the notification.alert method, it looks
like on WP7/WP8 (on 2.3, at least) that since calling it is
non-blocking, it is theoretically possible to instantiate multiple
alert dialogs at the same time. If so, is it possible that by doing so
a situation could be created in which it isn't possible for the user
to close all the alerts? For example, if the first alert dialog is
modal, could it prevent subsequent alerts from being closed but the
subsequent alerts are visually obscuring the first alert? Or vice
versa? Basically, could multiple alerts render the app unusable?

Thanks in advance!

-- Marcel Kinard