cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse MacFadyen <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing MobileSpecTest
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:43:30 GMT
For every version, I do the following for WP7 and WP8 :

- create a new project from the latest template
- remove the dll and link to the repo project directly
- copy over mobile-spec
- modify cordova.js to include cordova.windowsphone.js
- add visual studio link to cordova-js output pkg version

Run tests, debug, fix, rebuild, retest...

With this setup, I can modify cordova-js, rebuild and retest, as well
as do the same on the native side.

Fwiw, I don't think there is a generic solution. Any sim link idea you
have is likely gonna fail in windows, and this will ultimately make
things more difficult for someone. I could be wrong.

Cheers,
  Jesse

Sent from my iPhone5

On 2013-02-25, at 11:15 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@google.com> wrote:

How do other devs test mobile spec locally?

Specifically, how do you set up your repo to test with your working
cordova.js version, in a way that you can make changes to mobile-spec
tests, push local changes merge changes coming from remote.

I'm always overriding/clearing/overriding the default cordova.js file in
order to test/merge/push etc.

Proposal:
I change the current cordova.js file to: If a local cordova.PLATFORM.js
file exists, load that.  Otherwise, load cordova-VERSION.js the way we do
now.

Then, all you have to do is create a local symlink to your cordova.js and
never add that file to your git commits.

Or, do others already have a good solution?

-Michal