cordova-dev mailing list archives

From fabian boulegue <fboule...@me.com>
Subject Re: Time to do something about the PhoneGap Plugins repo
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:47:02 GMT
Hi Tommy,

currently i was working on one step already

> I am proposing that we go through the plugins and where we *can* discern who the author
*is*, try and contact them and ask them to host the plugin in their own repo as we have started
to do (and therefore have their own issue tracking for their own code).

I already started write Mails to most

Fabian Boulegue

CEO - Tea Inc
Aerosoft GmbH - Game Developer
Freelancer - Editor - Web Developer - iOS Developer
Mac, iOS, Apple Trainer

Am Jan 24, 2013 um 10:44 AM schrieb Tommy-Carlos Williams <tommy@devgeeks.org>:

> Hi all (especially Shazron, Simon and anyone else working day-to-day on the Plugins repo),
>
> There seems to be a trend at the moment with the plugins repo for users to get angry
and jump on the entitlement train when the plugin they wanna use isn't maintained and updated
quickly enough, even though that would have to be a full time job to maintain that many plugins
authored by other people. We have taken a step in the right direction encouraging people to
keep new plugins they submit in their own repos and only have a link to them in the README
on the main repo… but….

> I am proposing that we get proactive about the authors looking after their own plugins.
>
> I am proposing that we go through the plugins and where we *can* discern who the author
*is*, try and contact them and ask them to host the plugin in their own repo as we have started
to do (and therefore have their own issue tracking for their own code).

> Where we cannot, we should decide if it is a plugin one of us is willing to maintain.
If so, great, we move it to one of our repos. If not… Put a note right in the top of the
README that the plugin might not be up to date, etc. Caveat Emptor and all that.