cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: CordovaJS is broken on Android 2.x, rollback and re-tag?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:04:04 GMT
Have we identified exactly which commit(s) in JS messed stuff up?

We have a few options.

1. roll back to the last working commit. This may or may not affect two
branches that were recently merged into js: array buffers + symbol mapping.
2. go with it and get an rc2 out asap. However, this means our rc1 has a
cordova.js that does not run on Android 2.x.

I'm in favor of a) identifying when shit worked and b) rolling back to
that commit. Then keep whatever branch work that broke the JS (either
symbol mapping or array buffers) in a branch until we can all vet it some

On 1/21/13 11:56 AM, "Joe Bowser" <> wrote:

>We're going through the motions for release, and it seems that the we
>may have to roll back the recent changes to the JS so that we can tag
>for a release.  It seems that there were issues with the ArrayBuffer
>changes on Android (and likely others) and the most recent work is
>displaying alert errors when I start it up in Mobile-Spec.
>Should we rollback and re-tag the JS (and Android)? Or should we have
>an RC2 ASAP, because this candidate clearly has failed.

View raw message