cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject [ANDROID] What are the specific requirements re: Android SDK?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 00:14:29 GMT
I am trying to solve this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-2219

Tl;dr: check that user has correct minimums installed w.r.t Android SDK.

There is already something like this in place in the CLI tools for iOS.
The tools runs `xcodebuild -version` and then using semver I parse through
it to see if the minimum is installed (4.5.1).

Looking through the android implementation's read me this isn't explicitly
listed out. From experience I (think) the requirements are "download all
the targets".

Is this correct?

Can we brainstorm the specific requirements and list them out here? I want
the CLI tools to do something like (and this is rough but hopefully you
get the idea):

1. run `android list target`
2. grep through the output and determine if the user has the necessary
stuff

If we can list everything out in this thread I will do my best to codify
it.

Thanks all,
Fil