cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: 3rd party Plugin code structure
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 19:46:36 GMT
Go with Anis' (imhotep) plugman tool as the defacto plugin installation
tool, until we get it into an Apache repo (probably cordova-cli?). It was
based on Andrew's plugin spec and pluginstall tool but started deviating
slightly once we (Cordova) wanted to support more robust use cases
(uninstallation, for example).

Andrew's original work for the plugin spec and pluginstall had, as its
goal, supporting PhoneGap Build use cases, which do not include
uninstallation, and also did not (and do not) take into account platforms
other than Android and iOS.

I suggest we move relevant bits for the spec over to the Cordova wiki and
work from there.