cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Config.xml Android Preference Issues
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:30:06 GMT
Hey

I just went added some code to the config class, and I noticed that
certain things don't make any sense.  For example, we currently have
this in DroidGap.java:

            super.setIntegerProperty("splashscreen",
R.drawable.splash); // load splash.jpg image from the resource
drawable directory

Now, R.drawable.splash is an integer property, but I can't put that in
config.xml.   Instead it would be the integer value, however the
integer value doesn't work.  Should we somehow make this
non-configurable so that it always has to use splash.jpg?  I don't
think that giving the users the choice on what resource to use in
config.xml is worth the possible goofiness that could happen with
this.

Also, on another note.  Currently background colors are represented in
hex on Android, similar to HTML colors.  The first byte is the Alpha
Levels, with the following bytes representing RGB values similar to
the web. Is this fine for setBackgroundColor?  Or should we figure out
how to eliminate the alpha byte?

Joe