cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we talk about large features before they arrive in master?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:41:34 GMT
Recently we've been noticing that there's been a lot of new features
going into Cordova this release, especially in Android.  Now, I know
that I've been guilty of this in the past, which is partly why I'm
saying this now.

I think that we need to talk about features and make sure they work
before we push them into the master repository. We can't add new
methods that break how Cordova works for our older users without
having a really good reason for it.  We have time to actually review
things before they arrive in the master branch, and it's trickier for
us to pull a feature out of master once it's in there, especially when
people commit to the branch after.  That's why I think we should have
a review process in place.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Joe