cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Plugin Manager (plugman)
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:34:20 GMT
Hi,

First of all. It's on npm and you can install it with npm install plugman

Secondly, I've been working on a couple of features regarding plugin
discovery and I would like to provide some updates and get some feedback

Since I didn't know exactly what we meant by plugin discovery, I went ahead
and referenced plugins that are known to work with the current version of
Cordova stored their metadata on a remote source so that they can be
directly installable by name with this command:

plugman --platform ios|android --project project_dir --plugin
plugin_name|plugin_dir|plugin_git_repo_url

plugman --list # will return a list of compatible plugins with a short
description
BarcodeScanner - Cross-platform BarcodeScanner for Cordova/PhoneGap
ChildBrowser - ChildBrowser plugin
Facebook-Connect - Official plugin for Facebook Connect in Apache
Cordova/PhoneGap
GAPlugin - Google Analytics Plugin
KeychainPlugin - Keychain Plugin for Apache Cordova
PushPlugin - Push Notification Plugin for iOS and Android
TestflightPlugin - TestFlight Plugin for Apache Cordova

When given a name, plugman checks that name against the remote source and
installs the plugin from its git source (this could also be a tarball to
avoid having a git dependency).

Currently versioning (cordova or plugin version) is not supported but it's
in my queue.

Your feedback is welcome. If you have a moment, please take it for a spin.
Create a project and try adding/removing plugins.

If you have different ideas in mind regarding plugin discovery (example:
using npm) please share some details. I just thought I'd made it happen in
the meantime with a simple prototype.

Anis