cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin Manager (plugman)
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 23:45:59 GMT
Thanks Michal for your feedback

* Could --project dir default to current directory?  Perhaps we have a
> special file in the root of the dir that we can search for? (like .git,
> .grunt, etc)

Yes, we can. I am not sure if we really need to add a hidden file/folder as
the plugin would just fail to install/remove if the project is not a
cordova ios/android project. I just added an issue for it.

> * Help page lists www as a platform, what is that for?

I believe it's for webless plugins (plugins that don't have native
components). Not sure if it's really necessary. It was added by a
contributor and hasn't really bothered me since.

> * How does one update a plugin after install?

This is not supported at this time. I am not sure how we would handle it.
The easiest way would be to uninstall old/install latest version. The hard
way would be to update the plugin spec to support updates with version
differentials. This is part of the missing versioning feature that I
described in my email (i.e supporting different plugin versions and Cordova
versions).

> * Could the command line syntax change to --install instead of --plugin?

--plugin is used to define the plugin's location/name and is not an action
in itself. It is required when installing _and_ removing plugins. We could
specify the action every time but I believe other tools implicitly add when
nothing is specified and remove when an option is specified (just as git
branch vs git branch -d).