cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving plugin JS files around
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:25:16 GMT
While I am not completely opposed to loading scripts that way, aside from
the fact that it is voodoo magic, and if it fails, the developer may have
no clue as to why ...
There are other factors that determine whether the script can be loaded.
Is it packaged with the app ??
Is it whitelisted ??

To me, simple wins every time, adding a script tag is as simple as it gets.
If a developer wants to load scripts on demand, they can use yes/no or some
other loader, but I see no reason to force them to use our loader.

IMHO, if the ultimate goal of Apache Cordova is to cease to exist, then
adding all these extra tooling steps and inter-dependencies is
counter-productive.

--
@purplecabbage
risingj.com