cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova-CLI: Version handling
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:35:41 GMT
One problem with upgrade scripts is some do modify the native code in their
app template (AppDelegate.m / MainViewController.m in iOS for example) --
how would we handle those?
I would think we would just report merge conflicts and let the devs
manually resolve? That's one thing - but potentially modifying devs'
existing code can be problematic.

 I have some ideas how to mitigate this if we decide to go this route: e.g
rename existing code method names that are updated in a new version (that
have been modified in the dev's existing project), inject the updated code
method, let the dev resolve later the differences. Their old code is still
there, we don't really touch it.