cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ship 2.4 monday
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:25:25 GMT
Thanks, Andrew.

I'm still having problems with the FileTransfer mobile spec tests.   Based
on what I see in the fileTransfer.tests.js file, I set my whitelist to the
following in config.xml:

<access origin="http://www.google.com" />

    <access origin="http://www.apache.org" subdomains="false"/>

    <access origin="https://www.apache.org" />

    <access origin="http://cordova-filetransfer.jitsu.com" />

    <access origin="http://whatheaders.com" />

The goole reference is for the inAppBrowser tests.

With this whitelist I get two failures both relating to unknown host
testing:

File Transfer download method should handle unknown host - the uploadWin
success method is being called when it should not be.  This is trying to
download from "http://foobar.apache.org/index.html"; which should be
rejected because of the subdomains="false" in the apache.org white list
settings.

I also get File Transfer upload method should handle unknown host error as
well with the same error that 'uploadWin' should not have been called.
 Interestingly the whitelist error is caught but is returned in the success
callback as the response.

Now, if I remove the change to fix CB-2235 (
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-ios.git;a=commit;h=db22768362823bf6f84cbaead6c03dd1764f60b2)
 all of the FileTransfer tests pass.

FWIW if I leave the whitelist wide open, I still get the FileTransfer
download method should handle unknown host error that uploadWin is getting
called - which probably makes sense since the subdomain to apache is
allowed.   However, I do not get the upload method should handle unknown
host error which I think I should get!!

Thus,

1) either my whitelist is incorrect

2) the fix is incorrect

3) the tests are incorrect

4) I am totally lost!  (reading jasmine tests is not one of my strong suits)

I am not an http headers guru so it will take me awhile to fully grok the
file transfer code to determine the problem.

-becky

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>wrote:

> Okay, tagged JS, iOS, Android.
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6648754/cordova-2.4.0rc2/cordova-2.4.0rc2-src.zip
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6648754/cordova-2.4.0rc2/cordova-2.4.0rc2/cordova-js.zip
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6648754/cordova-2.4.0rc2/cordova-2.4.0rc2/cordova-ios.zip
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6648754/cordova-2.4.0rc2/cordova-2.4.0rc2/cordova-android.zip
>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM, fabian boulegue <fboulegue@me.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Agree
> >
> > _____________________
> > Fabian Boulegue
> > tea inc.
> > CEO - Founder
> > Meierbrede 9
> > 33100 Paderborn
> >
> > Mobile
> >
> > Am 29.01.2013 um 23:43 schrieb Shazron <shazron@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Ah I get it now (Andrew's list of significant iOS commits) I suppose we
> > > could internally tag an rc2 (not public release) and test the heck out
> of
> > > it. Those iOS changes are critical bug fixes since rc1.

> > since

> > generally

> gibson.becky@gmail.com

> off

> [...]