cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova-CLI: Version handling
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:36:57 GMT
>From the perspective of upgrading the shared project, if the user is asking
to upgrade the project, and it is shared, then yes all their apps should
see the upgrade. If they want only some of their apps to get upgraded, then
they shouldn't be sharing.

But it sounds like your point is really about the tools getting upgraded.
Are the tools separate from Cordova and global to all the Cordova
instances? If so, that definitely sounds like a slippery slope - would it
be better to embed the tools in Cordova so that each Cordova instance has
its own local tools? Then each instance is separate and self-contained and
independent.

-- Marcel Kinard