cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Review of Core Platforms
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2013 05:40:07 GMT
Think its still good to make this distinction even though our scope is
going to drastically reduce (in a sense). The benefit of these labels
is to indicate how much involvement developers using Cordova can
expect the Cordova platform to maintain.

Core platforms target an operating system, with devices in
circulation, providing:

- A standard low level bridge API and utilities.
- Standard set of low level CLI tools
- Embeddable (if possible)
- InAppBrowser and other browser-ish shims like alerts, etc.
- [what else?]

(I am also assuming that even though core plugins will be removed from
platforms we are going to continue maintaining those basic device
APIs.)