cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: too long to package a release?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:34:19 GMT
I think its basically the same except cherry picking not necessary.
(But I've been known to be very wrong so take that with a grain of
salt!)

You work on a Feature branch. It gets rolled into Dev as needed so
others can merge / collaborate on said feature. When it feels right
instead of merging a large set of potentially breaking commits to
Unstable the dev working on said feature just merges that feature.
This would require more responsibility for the committer to keep track
of their feature branches which I could see as being more overhead.

My ideal here is to get to a point where there is something, whatever
it is, that we want to denote as a release. That something should not
require a whole bunch of coordination. There should be a working
branch, whatever we call it, ready for a tag and nothing else on any
arbitrary date to be considered a release. Does that make sense?