cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Cordova-CLI: Version handling
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:57:35 GMT
Looking at iOS as an example:

To do an upgrade:
1. Close xcode
2. Delete CordovaLib & CordovaLib.xcodeproj
3. Copy in new CordovaLib & CordovaLib.xcodeproj

Sometimes:
- Add extra frameworks to your App's target

The thing I'd be afraid of with a script, is if they've modified their
CordovaLib or their CordovaLib.xcodeproj in any way. Maybe we can just
mitigate this by showing them a warning and a confirm prompt before going
ahead with it?

I don't think we should put effort into downgrading. People should be using
source-control for that. Again though, a warning message + confirm prompt
should suffice here?

Fil, what are your thoughts around versioning the cordova-cli tool? I think
I'd like it to work so that cordova-cli *is* versioned along with the rest
of it, but that it would work with older cordova projects without forcing
them to upgrade.