cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Leutwyler, Markus" <markus.leutwy...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Review of Core Platforms
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 14:57:34 GMT
Should we put Open webOS/webOS back to the Core Platforms since Cordova's importance is publicly
documented?

See http://blog.openwebosproject.org/post/39278618299/javascript-apps-for-open-webos-with-enyo-and-cordova

Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: Filip Maj [mailto:fil@adobe.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2013 22:44
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Review of Core Platforms

Our CorePlatforms wiki article [1] has this:

----

Core: These are the main platforms supported by the Apache Cordova project.

* iOS
* Android
* BlackBerry
* Windows Phone
* Bada

Sunset: These are platforms considered to be on their way out of general consumer availability.
We offer code, but not distribution of these platforms.

* Symbian
* webOS

Sunrise: These are new platforms coming to Apache Cordova with some development under way.

* Tizen
* Qt

Horizon: These are platforms that we hope to see supported by Apache Cordova in the future!

* B2G

----

Some propositions + questions, all up for debate of course:

- I'm not sure about Bada. Last I checked Bada's passing % of mobile-spec is fairly weak (some
features are just not doable; correct me if I'm wrong). I would like to propose that a platform
is eligible for "Core" if they have >90% passing rate on mobile-spec. I would vote to move
it into a new "Marginal" category, along with, say, cordova-mac or cordova-qt. Also, Bada-wac,
how does this fit in?
- Where does the ubuntu phone fit into this?
- I would suggest we schedule removal of the BlackBerry 7 (java) and Playbook (Air) implementations,
and have our BlackBerry implementation be
BB10 only moving forward.
- The "Windows Phone" category above covers both 7 and 8? What about Windows 8?

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/PlatformSupport