cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject [ATTN:Committers] Feedback on automating TLP move
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 18:38:15 GMT
Hey all,

I'm trying to pay my Apache infra tax a little bit and help out with
automating the process of moving a project from incubation to top-level.
Currently, this is done manually.

Currently, my list of things that need to be done:

- rename source repos (at the minimum, drop incubator- prefix, but also
potentially rename the repo, such as incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks
to cordova-blackberry)
- rename/move mailing list
- rename JIRA (not applicable in Cordova's case but is to other projects)
- any repo authentication/authorization stuff
- move website
- appoint project chair (although I'm not sure this can be automated in
any way)

Did I miss anything? Anything else that was messed up during our
(continuing) move that could be mitigated next time by a script doing the
work?

Any feedback/comments appreciated.

Cheers,
Fil