cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nukul Bhasin ...@nukulb.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Switch BlackBerry 10 Cordova download from WebWorks to NDK
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:27:34 GMT
The bundling of WebWorks of node can probably be improved, few things to
note-

1. The building requires node/npm to be on the host machine which is
independent of the node bundled with WebWorks Packager
2. Node is bundled into the packager so when you run bbwp it uses that node
and not the one on your machine.
3. Not built from source instead just a binary
4. Not bundled for Linux.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Gord Tanner <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just tested setting this up on my personal macbook and it all seemed to go
> fine.  (Somehow I got ant on this machine and I don't remember installing
> it, does it come with xcode?)
>
> As for the node dependency it looks like the packager bundles node with it
> (
>
> https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-Webworks-Packager/tree/master/third_party/node
> ).
>
> I had node setup and installed on this laptop before so I can't verify the
> experience without.
>

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Gord Tanner <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I put together a small prototype so people can see what the user feel
> > would be like:
> >

> https://github.com/gtanner/incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks/tree/blackberry.ndk
> >
> > This currently only works and has been tested on OSX (sorry Jesse :P) but
> > I will add windows support of this idea takes off.
> >
> > If you clone the above branch and run ./bin/create it will prompt you to
> > setup the WebWorks SDK.  Please download the native SDK before running
> that
> > script from (http://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/)
> >

> > On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Drew Walters <deedubbu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about node/npm dependencies, was
> >> just curious what full dependencies would be.

> >> and
> >> Anything

> >> native
> now?