cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Silivestru <dan.silives...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for feedback from the group
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:00:20 GMT
Hi All,

Sorry for the prolonged silence here, I'm kinda of on vacation and tried to
stay somewhat disconnected :-)

I also don't think that device proxy will introduce much if any complexity.
The interesting part to me is that it will allow the developer to more
easily expose quirky behaviour that varies from platform to platform since
all API calls will execute on the device directly.

I'm also very excited about what these changes and the groundwork that was
laid can lead to, such as:

Connecting to multiple devices as the same time for test automation and
faster testing across multiple platform
Pushing the UI to the various devices and driving the UI on all of them via
Ripple (similar concept to Adobe Shadow)

Of course, Ripple is meant to fill gaps in the dev experience. As the
platforms get us closer to what we're used to in the rapid dev, parts of
Ripple will evolve to fill new gaps. Always looking for suggestion from the
group on what can be added / removed / improved :-)

Cheers,

Dan.

--
Dan Silivestru