cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gord Tanner <gtan...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Switch BlackBerry 10 Cordova download from WebWorks to NDK
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 19:05:20 GMT
Currently for developing for BlackBerry 10 the user needs to download and
install the WebWorks SDK.  [1].

This SDK is opensource and available from github [2] and users are able to
clone and build the SDK with the native development tools available [3].

I would like to switch the BlackBerry 10 platform for cordova to use the
NDK and clone WebWorks from github.  The only difference a cordova
developer would notice would be what download we tell them to install in
the documentations, everything else would be handled by the ./bin/create
script and ./cordova/* scripts pointing where the WebWorks SDK lives.

This preps us to have the tools available on the developers machine to
build any native extensions that may or may not be needed for BlackBerry 10
development.

[1] https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/
[2] https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-Webworks-Packager
[3] http://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/