cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <>
Subject Updating Getting Started documents
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 20:37:45 GMT
I have an updated Getting Started document for iOS that has received
favorable reviews.  However, it is 11 pages long and fairly detailed.  I'm
not sure if we want to include that on the documentation site.  I was
thinking that we could leave the basic getting started on the documentation
site with a link to the more involved document.

My thought was to attach the more involved pdf to a page in the wiki but
this doesn't keep it in source control.   Is that an issue?   I used pages
to write the doc and could export it to a Word format if necessary and
commit it to source control.

I'm interested to know what folks think as I will likely be able to work on
this over the Holidays.

The basic questions are:
1) should we include more involved documentation in the Getting started
section of (I could possibly work on updating the
Android version as well)
2) If we do want the more involved docs but not on the docs site, where
should it live?
3) what format - pdf, pages, doc?
4) where should it be commited - cordova-docs, cordova-<platform>