cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@rim.com>
Subject RE: WARNING: Updated BlackBerry 10 SDK
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:42:42 GMT
Tim Kim wrote:
> Is it?
> I keep seeing questions being popped up about people looking for webworks.js
> even if they developing for bb5-7/playbook.
> Usually they are trying it in ripple and errors out when it can't find it so it leads
to some confusion.

I wrote:
|          <!-- Don't worry about js/webworks.js if you're aren't developing for bb10 -->

Here the comment says "js/webworks.js"

| -        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/webworks.js"></script>

Here the code used to say "js/webworks.js", at which point the code and comment agreed.

| +        <script type="text/javascript" src="local:///chrome/webworks.js"></script>

This change caused the comment to no longer be in sync with the code, as it now says "local:///chrome/webworks.js".
Anyone looking for "js/webworks.js" in the code won't find it.

This is roughly a reminder to people "please don't forget to update comments when you change
nearby lines of code", this applies both to comments which are visible in diff -U3 and in
comments which aren't visible in diff -U3, although from my perspective it should have been
spotted by a reviewer since it was visible in this case....

and may be unlawful.