cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject wp8 licensing issues
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 01:46:49 GMT
I took a look at wp8 and came across the following licensing issues
(2.3.0rc1):

- most of the source files in plugins/www/plugins/ don't have the Apache
license header. And there are multiple instances where there is a
reference to an MIT license with an attribution to Jesse / Sergey /
Nitobi / PhoneGap.
- plugins/www/plugins/Facebook/FBConnect.js has a comment indicating
some contributions came from a blog. I don't see any license info on the
blog. Are there parts in that js file that need to be rewritten to not
infringe? It does not appear to be a straight copy-and-paste.

Could the ones above get taken care of before final 2.3.0?

Not a license issue, but I also noticed the following that may need a tweak:
- templates/vspackage/source.extension.vsixmanifest says WP7 instead of
WP8, and references a github repo that still has "incubator" in the URL.
- similar "incubator" URL in tests/README.md

I would have gotten distracted on something more fun if Apache git was
still up...  ;-)

-- Marcel Kinard