cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Bond-Caron" <jbo...@openmv.com>
Subject HTML5 PLatform
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:05:29 GMT
-          Are there any plans to have an 'HTML5' platform/release?

I use the Cordova 'Android JavaScript' to do testing in the browser. Chrome
and Safari work nicely since they are both based on WebKit.

                What I'd like really like is to use HTML5 features like
getUserMedia() to take a picture within the browser.

                Here's some rough code I'm using:
http://pastebin.com/zKDpmV0d

-          Does anyone know a way to detect if a camera exists?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7736973/check-camera-existence-in-ios-pho
negap

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12976725/checking-for-camera-access-in-ph
onegap?lq=1

Would be nice if Cordova could fill this 'gap', native platforms allow to
check this.