cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: iOS' device API
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:06:30 GMT
CI implementation is what I am gunning for here (and can actually use it).

I don't like it either but reality is for people building cross-platform
apps at some point you have to do:

if (device.platform == 'android') // do some stuff

For example, knowing when to attach to a back button vs rendering some ui
to handle that.

IMO we should set up deprecation for "name" and move to "model" as it's
clearer (and probably was the reason why iOS went for device's custom name
in the first place - semantic confusion :P )