cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Lunny <alu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [iOS] Cordova.plist to config.xml - deprecation
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:00:37 GMT
On 7 November 2012 11:44, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would go cold turkey.
> Not sure why you need to write a cli tool, just instruct users that in
> version 2.3 and beyond, they must use config.xml, and tell them if
> they are migrating, they will have to put their data in the new
> format.
>
> Not sure why we keep insisting on doing everything for everyone.  but
> meh, I'm grumpy and old ...

Because people want to focus on building their apps, rather than moving the
same data to a different format? Most Cordova releases have lots of goodies
(bug fixes, JS improvements) that people want to get their hands on without
doing what's essentially a book-keeping task.

+1 cold turkey and CLI tool