cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fast edit-refresh cycles
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:01:58 GMT
I don't see what the problem is with having all plugins concatenated in one
file. I'd even go further and say that we should just concatenate all of it
in cordova.js (that is what is happening right now with core plugins).
We would not be disallowing people from having multiple script tags if they
wanted to. We would just be using one approach to solve the automatic
installation of plugins and I believe that re-generating a javascript file
is certainly easier and faster than editing script tags in html files.
People would still be able to manually install plugins, add script tags for
them....etc ITIZDAWEB.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>wrote:

> Something else along these lines we should consider - is providing a
> grunt.js file in the default template when you run cordova create. It could
> have a watch task that copies files from the root www/ into platform www/
> directories whenever a file changes.
>

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Gord Tanner <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have always had a vision that the build step for cordova.js would make
> it
> > into the app build step.
> >
> > Currently the packager has most of the functionality to bundle in
> plugins /
> > platform specific code / core modules.
> >
> > With a little bit of work it could be made to be driven off of the
> plugin's
> > folder for 3rd party code and the manifest for core modules.
> >

> > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> >
> > > just considering this, I suppose we could say that cordova.js is a
> build
> > > artifact, and the manifest is the 'truth' of the install (from the
> issue
> > > tracking perspective)
> > >

> > > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Braden Shepherdson <
> braden@chromium.org

> > > still
> > has.

> avoided.