cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gord Tanner <gtan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Attempting to add debug token support for building on PlayBook
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:07:00 GMT
seems to work for me (just double checked to make sure my
blackberry-tablet.xml wasn't updated)



On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> I tried the path thing initially but it didn't work..
>
> On 11/23/12 8:35 AM, "Gord Tanner" <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Ok,
> >
> >debug token support added to playbook:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-blackberry.git;a=commitd
> >iff;h=ef16d935bf08e0baaa8c1d875edd5af76c856f1f
> >
> >Let us never speak of this again.
> >
> >This should make the CI stuff for Fil suck a whole lot less.
> >
> >
> >On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Gord Tanner <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> So I found out it doesn't suck as bad as we all thought ;)
> >>
> >> From:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/runnning_unsigned_ap
> >>ps_using_a_debug_token_1866987_11.html
> >>
> >> It looks like all we need to do is provide the path to the debug token
> >>in
> >> the bbwp.properties file.
> >>
> >> I tested this on my playbook and was able to deploy to it. This is a lot
> >> easier to automate in the build script then the Rube Goldburg machine
> >> mentioned above.
> >>
> >>
> >> From the link:
> >>
> >>
> >>    1. In the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry Tablet
> >>    OS installation folder, navigate to the*bbwp\bin* folder.
> >>    2. Using a text editor, open the bbwp.properties file.
> >>    3. Add the path to the debug token file by using <debug_token> tags.
> >>
> >>
> >>    <debug_token>path to debug token file</debug_token>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Josh Soref <jsoref@rim.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Gord wrote:
> >>> > not the best way to do it now ;)
> >>> >
> >>> > I should be able to automate this in the playbook.xml so our users
> >>>don't
> >>> > have to deal with it.
> >>>
> >>> The way I'm told is to just remove those items from the PlayBook.xml
> >>>file
> >>> entirely and just rely on the packager/debugtoken to magically set
> >>>them or
> >>> somehow make it work.
> >>>
> >>> (this was advice I got from non-RIM people, to me,...)
> >>>
> >>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>> This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential
> >>> information, privileged material (including material protected by the
> >>> solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
> >>>non-public
> >>> information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the
> >>>intended
> >>> recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
> >>>error,
> >>> please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from
> >>> your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
> >>> transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be
> >>>unlawful.
> >>>
> >>
> >>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message