cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject iOS 4.3 support, do we need it?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 20:46:59 GMT
So, iOS 6 supports as a minimum iOS 4.3 devices (armv7 and up, no more
armv6).

I am loathe to put out a release without testing it on iOS 4.3, but I have
no choice since I can't find a device that has iOS 4.3 on it. I could find
and hack in the iOS 4.3 Simulator, but there are some device features that
don't work on that of course (like the accelerometer, compass, etc).

You can't downgrade a device to 4.3 unless you have the shsh blobs for 4.3
for your device. Most people won't have that unless they jailbroke their
device while on 4.3. Trying it through iTunes legitimately with 4.3
firmware is "not allowed" by Apple's servers, they will point you to the
latest firmware for your device, which would be iOS 6.0 for the devices we
support.

So -- would requiring iOS 5.0 minimum for Cordova be unreasonable here? I
can put out feelers on the PhoneGap mailing list to see what other Cordova
devs think as well.