cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessibility + PhoneGap
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:55:10 GMT
On iOS you should be able to make a PhoneGap based application accessible
via VoiceOver using basic accessibility practices and ARIA in your HTML
files.   Any of the device UI within the Cordova core plugins should be
accessible.  The camera and contacts views are provided by Apple and are
accessible.   Cordova provides the CaptureAudio UI and it was made
accessible.

Note that most of the plugins that access UI device features may NOT
accessible without some additional accessibility parameters - toolbar,
navigation bar, etc.

Also, not all of the mobile JS frameworks have implemented accessibility
features so you'll have to do some testing.

-becky