cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: plan for handling updated device OS versions?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 15:47:27 GMT
I'd love it if we could sync w/ the manufacturers and os vendors but the
reality here is we're a customer of their SDKs just like everyone else. As
Shaz mentions, we had no idea the new iPhone would change dimensions so
even if we did have a policy we'd be lying.

As Fil says, we should align our point releases to fall just after an
expected release. Again, this is tricky, b/c we never *really* know when
something will ship or if something is just being announced for a future
date.

Having a monthly release cadence seems to be working well enough in any
case. One thing is for sure, we want to continue to have a decoupled
relationship between our development activity and vendor marketing
department activities!