cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Kim <timki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (CB-1823) BlackBerry updates to the docs
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 21:39:49 GMT
I agree with the sentiments of Chad that the docs are getting a little too
bloated. I don't think it'll be that bad to create separate docs for each
platform. I think it'll mostly be a copy and paste job. I also think as
time goes on, we'll only be updating the bb10 parts anyhow.

At what point should we consider sunsetting support for the older BB OS
> revisions? We are already talking about removing iOS 4.3 support; why not
> open dialogue for doing something similar on BB?

...it seems like there will be a definite transition period.  I would think
> we will still see significant subscriber numbers on BBOS devices for a
> while.  I would think you will continue to see demand for BBOS builds.

I find it a little hard to gauge the community's interest in the bb
platforms at times. There's not a lot of posts on the google groups or
other avenues compared to the other platforms and they come infrequently as
well. However, there are a number of the posts that are about making
PhoneGap work on BB5/6 so I guess we should hold off sunsetting support
just yet.

Perhaps we should re-evaluate a few months after bb10 comes out?

--
Timothy Kim