cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 2.3.0 major new features
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 04:54:06 GMT
Here's my list of things I want to see done / plan on doing:

Bigger things:
-Make the cordova/scripts sane for iOS and Android (CB-1668)
-iOS: Work on moving symbols that we don't want to be in our public API out
of header files (or into _private.h header files)
-Android: Work on making symbols private / package-private that we don't
want to be in our public API.
-Create a Google cordova plugin to provide OAuth2 for Google APIs via
gtm-oauth2 on iOS and AccountManager on Android.

Littler things:
-iOS don't synthesize variables via properties since it causes them to not
show up in the debugger. With ARC, it is now just as convenient to use
fields as it is properties for private members anyways.

-Create a helper function to reduce exec() param checking in the JS. e.g.
Instead of a bunch of if() blocks with throws / errBack calls, we'd have:
function(win, fail, num, str, func, opt_numOrString, opt_str) {
   // n = number
   // s = string
   // f = function
   // * = anything goes
   // S = string or null or undefined (likewise, N and F)
   checkedExec('nsf*S', win,fail,'Service', 'action',
[num,str,func,opt_numOrString, opt_str]);
}

Also note that both of Shaz's items would appear on this list if he hadn't
pointed them out already :)