cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <>
Subject Chrome Apps on Cordova
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 04:00:00 GMT
I mentioned before that Michal, Braden and I were going to try and write
plugins to get Chrome packaged apps running withing Cordova. Just wanted to
share that we have the first basic steps of this working! :)

We still have a tonne of APIs to implement, but now have the basic
bootstrapping mechanism working. The packaged app's background page is
implemented using a hidden iframe, and when the background page calls, we re-write the parent window.

It works for a couple of the chrome
don't use any extra APIs. The Calculator and the Weather app in
particular are functional within Cordova using our shim.

If you're interested, you can see our progress here:

So yeah, early stages, but thought I'd share :)