cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] - State, Plugins and the Android Lifecycle
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 02:23:56 GMT
I'm playing the noob card on this one, as I've never built an Android app.
Is the problem that Android can kill our webview when it's not the primary
view, and that we can't restore its state afterwards? I read that there's
some property bag that the system gives app to store their state in when
this happens. Is it that we don't currently expose this lifecycle to the
app, but we need to? It'll be annoying to tell devs that they must be able
to serialize their state and be re-launched to it at any point in time, but
really, that's the  case for native android apps, so it's no worse.