cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wallis <kwal...@rim.com>
Subject RE: plan for handling updated device OS versions?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 16:19:53 GMT
Unfortunately it is a fact of life that those darn manufacturers do like their secrets to an
extent. ;)  It seems that your current model of frequent releases might be the best approach
to deal with the issues, especially because you are a customer of many different SDKs, all
with different release plans, with varying levels of transparency.

I try to keep this up to date as much as I can, but it is not always possible to put everything
we are working on in there:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/roadmap/

Look for an update to this sometime later this week... ;)

--

Ken Wallis

Product Manager – BlackBerry WebWorks

Research In Motion

(905) 629-4746 x14369

From: brian.leroux@gmail.com [brian.leroux@gmail.com] on behalf of Brian LeRoux [b@brian.io]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:47 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: plan for handling updated device OS versions?

I'd love it if we could sync w/ the manufacturers and os vendors but the
reality here is we're a customer of their SDKs just like everyone else. As
Shaz mentions, we had no idea the new iPhone would change dimensions so
even if we did have a policy we'd be lying.

As Fil says, we should align our point releases to fall just after an
expected release. Again, this is tricky, b/c we never *really* know when
something will ship or if something is just being announced for a future
date.

Having a monthly release cadence seems to be working well enough in any
case. One thing is for sure, we want to continue to have a decoupled
relationship between our development activity and vendor marketing
department activities!

and may be unlawful.