cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse MacFadyen <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [iOS] Cordova.plist to config.xml - deprecation
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:35:10 GMT
Pluginstall will always have to special case iOS(all of them really),
because it must modify the project(s)

Also, are we planning on replacing feature names in a cross device way? How
do we resolve this:?
iOS:
Android:
<plugin name="Notification" value="org.apache.cordova.Notification"/>

Also there are various other differences that are not cross platform, like
useBrowserHistory or

AllowInlineMediaPlayback.
What is the plan for these items?

Cheers,
  Jesse

Sent from my iPhone5

On 2012-11-08, at 10:08 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Becky - yes Cordova.plist will go away entirely and it is to be replaced
by config.xml that follows the w3c widget spec, and the format would be
common among all the platforms (all the major ones currently). A dev can
certainly update the .xml from Xcode but it will be plain text editing
instead of the nice .plist editor - that is the trade-off. Having a common
config.xml would allow a common tool across the platforms to modify this
format -- right now I believe the tool we have (pluginstall?) would need to
special case the iOS platform to read and write the .plist format.

The iOS specific settings would be replaced by feature elements:
http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#the-feature-element-and-its-attributes